Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Taking Time to Reflect

I was listening to NPR this morning and they were continuing to comment on the status of the suspect in the Boston Marathon Bombing case. I almost changed the channel because I needed to take a break from the whole thing. Even 3000 miles away from home, the events of this past week have completely consumed me; part of my mind was always thinking about what was going on there. But instead of going into details about the case, the segment was about 'taking time to reflect'. Sunday is often a day during which we finally have a chance to pause, to relax, and to think about the week we just had and the week coming up. This week, taking that time seems particularly important. Though for many people (in Boston, Texas, around the world) this week was filled with sadness and fear, it was also filled with love, kindness, hope, and an incredible sense of unity. Today I am feeling grateful that my loved ones are safe and especially thankful for the many amazing people who keep us safe every day. It's easy to get caught up in the stress of daily life, so take some time to relax and reflect on the things that are really important.

Here is a video from yesterday's Red Sox game, Neil Diamond showed up to play Sweet Caroline live. This will surely boost any Bostonian's mood, but hopefully the rest of yours, too.

2 comments:

  1. Cali,

    Great post. No joke. The first half was very reflective and appropriately mournful. And despite all that, I somehow ended smiling at the end. I am glad your family and friends remained safe throughout this ordeal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Callie...I know how to spell your name! I don't know what happened

      Delete